Take a day off.

February 15, 2018

My FAVORITE hot tea from Caribou- Citron Green with a little bit of honey!
I've always found it important to make time for yourself and take days off. School, work- whatever you're doing is important, but it never hurts to take a break.

I like to take days off of school and work to catch up on some rest, maybe get a little work done that I've been behind on... Sometimes I just like to watch seven movies I've been wanting to see but never find the time to do, but honestly, there isn't really a wrong or bad answer as to why you want to take the day off and spend it in bed. 

I love sleeping in, getting up and going to get a hot tea, making a big breakfast (or just pouring a bowl of cereal) and getting right back in bed and watching movies until the day is over. 

You just have to think about it this way: one day won't hurt. One day isn't going to put you in a lifetime of catching up on what you missed. And it's going to be worth it.


How I like to spend my day off:
  • I love to start my day by eating a good breakfast, which I don't usually get when I'm busy with school and work. This usually consists of my favorite green smoothies, an egg and avocado sandwich, or something else along those lines.
  • Of course, Netflix. I always, always, always get right on Netflix to watch any movies or shows I've been into and I usually spend hours doing this.
  • Sometimes, you gotta get work done. I admit, days off are supposed to be about relaxing and forgetting about all that work you do, but sometimes, I need a day off to catch up on whatever I've been behind on. And no, this is not the most fun day off, but it does always feel rewarding when its over.
  • Drink cup after cup of hot tea. I love tea and coffee, but I tend to drink more tea lately. My absolute favorite hot tea to drink is Caribou Coffee's 'Citron Green' tea. Especially when I'm sick, its just one of those things I go for and think it immediately cures me even though it doesn't??? I drink probably at least five cups a day when I'm home and I have no regrets.
  • And sometimes you just have to sleep the whole day, thats all.
Vanilla Bean Noel - Bath & Body Works

And of course, you have to have a good aroma in the room. I either light a candle or turn on my essential oil diffuser in the room to set a relaxing a calming feel. My current favorite candle right now is the Vanilla Bean Noel candle from Bath & Body Works, of course! I don't know how i'm so late to get this scent in a candle because it's been around forever and I've had and loved the lotion for years and I own at least 30 candles from this place and somehow never managed to pick this one up!

Pick a day, take it off, and relax.

Image result for take time to yourself quotes
"Fall in love with taking care of yourself. mind. body. spirit."




You Might Also Like

0 comments