Winter Skin Care Routine!

February 13, 2018



Taking good care of your skin is important, but even more important during the winter, especially here in the northern states! My routine varies occasionally depending on what I have going on, how my skin had been feeling that day, and what products I've been using, but I'm going to show you my most common and recent routine during the winter!

Starting in the morning, the first thing I do is wash my face. I swear by Philosophy's skin care products and use two different facial washes, depending on the time of day.

Philosophy- "the micro-delivery exfoliating facial wash" & "purity facial cleanser"

I exfoliate my face at night using the Philosophy "Micro-Delivery Exfoliating Facial Wash" (left) and in the morning I cleanse my face using the "Purity Facial Cleanser" (right).
I like these face washes because of how gentle they are and also how well they melt away my makeup at the end of the day and clean my face without drying it out like a lot of face washes tend to do to me.

After washing my face, if there is any makeup left over under my eyes, I'll just use some micellar water to remove it with a cotton round.

Next, at night I use the Mario Badescu Toner right after removing my makeup and cleansing my face.


'
Mario Badescu "Glycolic Acid Toner"

Using a cotton round, I just apply this all over my face and also down my neck. 

A few nights a week, I'll go in with a face mask to treat my skin. I go through face masks pretty quickly and tend to use several different ones, but I do really like the ones I am currently using!


Aria Starr Beauty "Dead Sea Mud Mask" & Coast to Coast "Pore Purifying Green Clay Mask"

I'm always careful to read the directions on the containers to be sure I'm not using the masks too many times which can lead to drying out or


Of course, I ALWAYS moisturize! Its super important to keep your skin hydrated during the winter to prevent wrinkles in the future and to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. I jump between a lot of moisturizers but the one I am currently using and am really enjoying is this one by NatureWell!

NatureWell "Dynamic Renewal Cream" Moisturizer

I thought I'd try this one because it was on sale and I was actually pulled in a little bit by the cute and clean packaging! Not to mention, it was actually pretty cheap originally which was a plus! I ended up LOVING this moisturizer for a few main reasons! First of all, its an AM/PM moisturizer which is nice due to the fact I don't have to have two completely different moisturizers during the day. It also has a really fresh and light feeling when I put it on, and really does feel like it moisturizes my face without feeling sticky or like its clogging my pores. I read a lot of reviews on it and a majority of them said they love it for their sensitive skin, and although I don't have very sensitive skin, it's nice to know its a gentle product just in case.

When I'm having issues with my skin, I like to get rid of any blemishes or zits ASAP! I've tried a lot of different drying creams and gels to try to remove them, and this one has been my favorite so far!
Clean & Clear "Persa-Gel 10"

Right before I apply my moisturizer at night, I'll apply a little bit of this Clean & Clean persa-gel with a q-tip to any zits or blemishes I want to get rid of. I try to avoid putting moisturizer on any areas I put the gel so the gel really gets a chance to treat the area as much as possible. It does dry up overnight and is noticeable in the morning, but it just washes off with my daily facial wash the next morning and seems to work the best for removing blemishes overnight!

Comment below some of your favorite skin-care products that you use!




You Might Also Like

0 comments