My Guide to At-Home Workouts

March 25, 2018

Working out at home is not only cheaper than working out in a public gym, but its also more private. A lot of people don't have the time or money to go to a gym 5 times a week, which can lead to a lot of excuses-- which then leads to just not working out.

Personally, I love working out at home because I'm not professional at working out or anything, nor am I very strong and muscular, so I find it kind of awkward for me to work out in front of people sometimes.

I do a variety of workouts at-home everyday and I find most of them on Youtube or Pinterest! If theres a specific area you are trying to target, it's super easy to look up related at-home workout's on Youtube or Pinterest, and follow along to those. 

Typically, you need some type of equipment for at-home workouts if you really want to see results, and it really depends on what you're targeting to depend on what you should buy. A yoga mat is pretty essential and helpful for 99% of workouts at home, and you can find some for a pretty good price at Target.

Usually, I work on my glutes, core/abs, and obliques, so I have a few things I picked up at Target for pretty cheap that help me with my workouts.


1. Resistance bands are key. These are very helpful when working on the legs and glutes, and can always add a little more resistance to any workout. I use these during squats, and make workouts using them, such as leg lifts, which help the glutes. I got this pack of three from Target, and they can also be found on Amazon and other department stores for a good price. 

2. Ankle weights. It's going to be pretty hard to gain muscle without any type of weight aside from your own body weight, but adding just a small amount of weight onto the end of your ankles when doing butt workouts will help grow that muscle. I do leg-lifts and "fire-hydrants" with these on, and it really intensifies any workout I use them with. These are also perfect for adding some weight to Russian Twists as well. I use 8-pound weights for mine, but the heavier the better.  

3. The yoga mat. A large, open space and a yoga mat is pretty essential when you're planning on doing some workouts in your own home. The yoga matt will help when you are on the ground doing any workouts so you're knees or back won't injure from the hard ground. It will also keep you from slipping and will stabilize your body to help you perfect a workout.

Depending on what you're looking for in a workout, what equipment you use will vary. If you're looking for more strength-gaining workouts, a dumbbell set may be what you're looking for. Medicine balls and yoga balls are also very common for at-home workouts, and tend to be popular picks. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments